What is your favourite?
Monday, April 4, 2011
Never Let Me Go
In English we have been given our list of novels for next year. We have to pick one and read it before Easter. I picked "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro. I am only on page 30 at the moment. I picked it because my friend recommended it and I have heard the film is good. I hope the little snippets I have heard from people talking about the movie don't ruin it for me! So far it it isn't really clear what's going on, but I think I'll stick with it because it's good according to my friend and it has won loads of awards. So far it has been told by a girl called Kath who is looking back on her school days. She works as a "carer" but its not really clear what happens to the people she cares for. I have heard the students of her school are clones who are raised for organ donation? I don't know if this is true, I guess I will just have to read on and find out!